Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My training log has disappeared. I suspect this is just a computer problem that will be fixed soon. I don't want to lose the last 2 or so years of my training logs. :( But if it is really gone, so be it. I will post my workout from this morning here for now. And hope I get to log it else where later.
WARNING: BORING TO READ.
(Side note: Has anyone ever tried crunching up Club crackers and eating them in ice cream? I promise it is GOOD!)

It was raining this morning. McAllister was muddy, had two creek crossings, and more rain coming off and on (mostly on) for my run. I had wanted to run 16 miles today, but my legs were feeling tired so I planed on 14 instead. Or at least 12. After running 9 easy miles on the muddy trails(1:15:35), I decided to head to a track and run a few 600s just to see how my legs felt. I drove to the track, ran an 800 to let my legs feel "track" after muddy trail, and started the 600s. It was pouring rain now, and I kept having to pull my skirt up. That skirt was heavy wet- good to know- I won't race in that one! I ran 5 600s with 200 recovery's (2:29, 2:27, 2:24, 2:22, 2:22) and then did 2 miles for a cool down(38:12 total for 5). My 600s were way slow for me, but I will blame it mostly on the rain and heat (it was 79 degrees and 100% humidity. OK. The weather folks said 89%) . Also, they were a bit long b/c I had to run in lane 3 on one of the turns b/c of football bleachers on the track. And my skirt weighed like 8pounds. All told, it was an OK hot and humid Texas run of 14miles. What I would give to live in a cooler place. Maybe some day.

1 comment:

Raena said...

Let's all move to Colorado...everyone...parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and all the kids! It is UNBELIEVEABLE! Just today as we were walking form the car to the library I was thinking, "I hate this hot weather. Why can't we live somewhere where there are FOUR seasons, not two." Seriously, it is either hot or hotter here. Maybe someday!