Monday, January 4, 2010

The High

I've tried to be patient and not post about this until after Bandera, as the Bandera 100k is a big race for me this year. But I am too excited. And truthfully, I like running SOOOOOO much more then racing, which is making Bandera mentally harder for me then I want...This summer I have an opportunity to run a 135mile foot race in the Himalayas. At first I thought, "Wow. That looks crazy awesome. But no way." Only now it looks like I am going to get to go! My Dad has agreed to come with me as a support person (and being he is a photographer, he is as excited as I am to be there). And OH MY GOODNESS! I think I'm going to go!!!!!
My hope is to do this for The Home Foundation. This is something heavy on my heart always, and I can think of nothing I'd rather run for or put as a training focus for something of this magnitude then to fund-raise for them and pray for victims of human trafficking during this multi-day journey.
So stay tuned! Hopefully I will have lots more to say on this before the end of this month!

No comments: