Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wow! 10 years!!

I haven't posted on here in awhile. Partly because I started a new blog here. The new blog is meant to be more running focused while this one is going to be more family focused. Of course I can't do that 100%, but for the most part that is my plan. Other reasons for no posts are a recent move across town and summer break. Having all 3 kids 24-7 keeps me busy!

Ten years ago today I married my wonderful husband. Well, actually, 10 years ago yesterday. Legally, our anniversary is August 4th, but our wedding was the 5th. Long story. When I was thinking of what to do for Daniel for our 10 year celebration, Dan reminded me of a song I started writing the night we decided to try dating (we had been close friends for around 6 years at that time). At that point in life I wrote nightly in a journal. Sorta a pray/thoughts/wishes journal. I have tried many times over the years to finish that song. But I never could. Maybe because it is such a country-ish song and my voice and style is not country. But what ever the reasons, this time I was determined to over come. Surprisingly, it only took about a week to finish it.

I wish I knew how to play the guitar. This song needs the guitar, bad. But in honor of my husband I recorded our song, just me singing at the computer. When I learn the guitar I'll finish it for real.
Here is what I have: His Girl
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY my LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

beautiful. love the chorus.