Saturday, January 17, 2009

I just ran for about 7 hours and did 46 miles. The break up is 46 miles of moving in 6:59:33, plus about 10mins of changing shoes, opening and drinking soup, etc. I am super excited, because this run was really easy physically. The strain was convincing my brain to start another trip out my garage after having run 33 miles and 5hrs. I was thinking that was enough...but... yeah for sticking with it... I needed to go for 7hrs. I am thinking I will do a 100miler in 3 weeks. Just for fun and with the only goal being to finish. So today was key. Amazingly I ran a pretty even pace the whole time. I felt like I could have kept that same pace going...not sure tell when. But at least another 10ish miles.
What I learned:
1. I like the Pearls better for super long stuff. They keep my legs and back feeling less strained.
2. DRINK, DRINK, electrolytes, DRINK. Maybe 2 cups an hour and one pill for every 2-3 cups.
3. I like to eat plain bread and soup.
4. Eating so a must! I could feel the difference when I went over 10miles w/o food. I should be eating more often. Like every hour.

So I got in a fun run and learned a lot about running long today. What a good day. And I still have Jenna's wedding to go to! Yeah for weddings!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am I reading this right? Your giving RR 100 a shot? Great news! Sounds like your training run went great and your body isn't all beat up from Bandera. Stay relax and I'm sure you'll do well. I may be there helping Liza so see you there!

Chris