Saturday, November 7, 2009

Retrocalcaneal Bursitis

I had an appointment yesterday afternoon with a sports doctor. My official diagnosis is retrocalcaneal bursitis- meaning the bursa sac around the tendon that connects that tendon to the calcaneal (heel) bone is inflamed. This was indeed caused by the New Balance 100s squeezing the life out of my calcaneal. HOWEVER, I would never go so far as to say my experience will be another runner's experience. Every body is different. That is way there are so many different shoes available (Though I have yet to find a trail shoe I would call ideal for me).
I would like to invite anyone who happens to read this blog and has had a good experience with the NB 100s to leave a comment telling about why you like them. I have, in the past enjoyed NB running shoes. And if NB makes another shoe in the future that looks like it might work for me, I won't be hesitant to try it. But I will never ever ever run more then 8 miles at one time in a new shoe...duh to this "experienced" runner. Somethings you just gotta learn the hard way.

1 comment:

MW said...

just like Moogy, I just ordered a pair today, and then saw a link to your CR100/50 race report on endurancebuzz.com and recognized you from the race. (you may not remember me but we talked plenty under the heat lamps by the finish as we drank beer etc.
Hope to see you at Bandera 100, all healed up! (I need a rabbit!)

I'll let you know how the MT100's treat me. I've been happy with Adidas Adizero XT which is a similar type shoe, so hopefully it won't be bad for me.