Thursday, February 11, 2010

More RR 50 miler

Opps. I left a lot out. For starters, I won the race and set a new course record for females! Very exciting for me. :)

Going into this race, what I was really wanting to do is run as best as I could on that day, all obstacles being tackled as best as I could figure out how to take them on and run well. I knew from training runs that I had a good shot at running in the low 7 hr range and maybe under 7 hrs if things were going close to how I thought they could for me. I have done a lot of long runs (over 20miles) well over 7 mph and ended those runs feeling great- Not at all beat down. So that was my plan. Run around 7 mph for 50 miles. I started out a bit slower then that but by the end f loop 1 was running over 7.5mph. Close to the end of loop 2 I was running just over 7.1 mph. I am very pleased with having averaged about 7.14 mph for this race and look forward to trying for a faster 50 mile sometime in the future! :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

Chris said...

Wow! Great JOB! Met you VERY briefly at what is now known as Hell's Hills. Remember the morning the race was actually cancelled? Have moved to Oregon since then. Hope Colorado is treating you all well.