Monday, February 1, 2010

Shoes


So much has been going on lately that I don't even know what to make this post about. So I will pick the funnest thing on my mind and write about that.

Late last year I tried the New Balance 100 trail running shoes. I bought the women's 8.5, as that is the size I had worn and enjoyed in the NB 790's. For anyone who doesn't know (other posts), those shoe didn't work AT ALL for me. So I kept searching. Tried some Inov 8s. Too narrow in the toe box. Tried NB 840s, in the 9wide and the 9regular. I like the 9wide. But only for trails. Running on roads, treadmils, bike-paths, or even very packed trails in those left my legs feeling sorta beat-up.

Being the 9 wides fit well and I still hadn't found a trail shoe (or road shoe) that I liked enough to stick w/, I desided to take a chance and try the NB 100s again in a bigger size. The 100s don't come in wide. So I ordered the mans 7.5 (New Balance's man's shoes in the standard width are built with the same width as the woman's wide) and the woman's 9. After trying them on, I was sure the mans 7.5 fit well enough to give them a go. After running a hard 8miles in them, I was thinking there really was a chance I'd like these 100s. My lefy heel had a painful blister, but no damage. So I cut down the heel cup. Being the heel was then a bit rough, my blister was agrevated on my next run (6miles). I took purple Duck-tape (pink would have worked too) and covered the heel cup. Then I ran 15miles in them and FELT GREAT! WOW! I might have a close to perfect trail shoe!! And I just flet like I was flying in those shoes. My foot didn't slide all over the place. My legs didn't feel blah or worked in a different way then I am use to. My heels felt good. The best part is I get to try them out in a 50 mile race this Saturday. Hoping I love them after that!!

No comments: