Monday, September 22, 2008

Recovery!

I am finally getting better! I did my first real tempo run in weeks and feel even better after then I did before. Happy day.

This weekend is my 10 year high school reunion. I thought I would want to go. But I kinda don't. It seems like there is really no reason to go. Most of my friends from high school were from church. And I'm not sure if the few friends I had that graduated with me at school will even be there. That part of my life is so much my past. If there was nothing else going on this weekend I would go anyway. But I could camp out with some running buddies this weekend and do lots of tough trails.
I think running beats the reunion...would I regret not going??? I only have a few days to decide.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Came across your blog via Runner's World Forum on an Ultracentric thread.

I am running my first 50 miler at Palo Duro in 4 weeks.

Good luck on your ultracentric. Also saw you did Bandera 100K. It's a JoeP race and his races can kick my butt,ie. The Loop 30K!

regards
dave

Jennifer W said...

I am only going to mine if either Kevin or I are rich and famous by the time it rolls around... which is next year so it's not looking good. All my friends were from church too so I say go for a run with people you like NOW instead of listening to a bunch of people you probably didn't even like then try to one up eachother. (And thanks for the sleep comment! It was glorious!!)