Wednesday, September 24, 2008

September 24th

This morning was a little crazy. All the kids got to bed late, so Dan and I decided we would let them sleep in and then Dan would drive them to school. Normally Dan bikes with Seren and Everett to school. But Caedmon decided he didn't need to sleep in...he was up at 6:30 as usual. Seren, on the other hand, had to be dressed while still sleeping at 7:00.

Once Dan was off to work and Seren and Everett at elementary school, I proceeded to get Caedmon ready for preschool and myself ready for a run. I was excited to run on some measured trails by his school for my fartlek run. But I couldn't find my Timex- only my GPS. My GPS SUCKS on trails. Blah. I know it is mental, but I can't run hard when that thing is bouncing back lies to me. So I searched way too long for my missing Timex. The result? By the time I gave up looking for it, Caed was going to be late. In my hurried state I buckled him into the car sans shoes. Gurrr.

Being we were already at Target buying another pair of size 10.5 little boys shoes (that child has big feet!) , I grabbed another watch. And a Starbucks. (I am such an addict.)

Now back to the car. Only it wouldn't start!!!!!! I called my mom to come give us a jump. By the time we finally got the car going it was after 10am. I looked in the passenger set and saw the "Froggie Snack Bag". This was my week to bring snack. I had the snack... but in the car and not at the school yet. Snack time is 10:10am. Will we make it? Barely...maybe. All this because I wanted my darn Timex.

I had a marvelous run after this. For any non runner who stumbles upon this, "fartlek" is a Swedish word meaning speed play. It is a great way to get in speed work on trails or roads. I ran 4min hard 2min easy X 14 plus warm up and cool down. It was a bit hot out, but this is Texas. It could have been (and often is) hotter. I just LOVE running!!!!! And trails are the best! My leg is still feeling 100% great. My foot is getting better and not worse. I am happy, happy, happy. Yeah for being able to run! So far this week I have run 2 times (25miles total), done weights once, yoga once, and 50mins on a PreCore. This is close to where I had my running before I got hurt. After this weekend, I might have my mileage back up to normal. If not, it will be close. :) Thank you God for running!

No comments: