Friday, July 20, 2007

GoZone Contest

The gym I belong to is having a contest. Who ever takes the most steps between July 20th (today) and August 18th wins 1,000 dollars. All we have to do is wear a little pedometer on our hip all day long and then up load our steps. The max number of steps anyone is allowed to take per day is 30,000. I figure as long as I take 30,000 steps a day, I will at least tie for first! I am pretty excited. So far today, I have taken 15,178 steps. My goal is to reach 20,ooo before 4:00pm. Then when Daniel gets home, we can go for a family walk. I really think I can get in 30,000 step a day.

What will I do w/ the money when I win??? I have no idea. I am fairly certain that I will actually receive the money in gift cards. This will limit my options for splurging, but that is fine by me! I also have a feeling that at least one other person plans to max out their steps daily- which means I will be splitting the prize w/ another person or people. But being this is a free contest, I am still feeling good about being one of even 100 winners. (I doubt more then 100 people around here will be taking 30,000 steps daily for a month!)


Off to take a few steps. Then maybe blog some more.

No comments: