Saturday, July 21, 2007

Rain, rain, rain

I am wimping out again today. It has been raining for about 12 hours and I am going to go to the gym and run on the treadmill instead of outside. Honestly, it has been drizzling for about the last hour. Not REAL rain. The lightning stopped hours ago. I could run outside, but the humidity.........and the trails are closed due to flooding. And it is HUMID!

When I first joined a discussion board for ultra runners last year, I was freaking out over the idea of running 62 miles at one time. Someone told me, "Suck it up, princess, and run." This was just what I needed to hear. I had trained well and the only way to see if I was ready for that ultra was to go and run it. I often wish someone would tell me that every time I am turning to a wimp. But no one is here to sat that to me now, so off to the gym I go!

At least I will do my 18 mile run! (And the rain just picked up again...for real.)

No comments: